Since 2009, the “EPLEFPA DES TERRES DE L'YONNE” has been the outcome of the merger between the two following schools. On the one hand, the “EPL des terres de l'Yonne” located in La Brosse, a hamlet attached to the town of VENOY. On the other hand, the “EPL de Champs sur Yonne” situated in CHAMPS SUR YONNE. This ensemble, which is unique in the Yonne area, roughly counts 160 employees divided in 5 different autonomous centers settled on 3 sites. These centers put 3 degrees of learning forward – basic training program, apprenticeship and continuing training. Thus, the overall institution welcomes near 800 learners each year.
1. The high school & college (Lycée d'Enseignement Général, Technologique et Professionnel Agricole (LEGTPA))
In addition to the regular high school programs, our college provides 3 BTEC HND categories :
These three advanced curricula are based on a national frame of reference available on the following website: http://www.chlorofil.fr/diplomes-et-referentiels/formations-et-diplomes/btsa.html.
2. The Professional Training and Agricultural Promotion Center (CFPPA)
3. The Schweitzer Agricultural Vocational School « Lycée Professionnel Agricole Schweitzer » (LPA) specialized in food products services, sales and marketing
4. The local Agricultural Apprenticeship Training School (CFAAD)
The international cooperation incentive is deeply rooted in the school project. Its goals are to enhance training periods abroad for our students, staff and other individuals belonging to the educational community, as well as to promote citizenship education.
Since 2009, different actions have been carried out each year.
- Students in farming scheme, analysis and management (ACSE) have to complete a training period in Romania during their final year of studies. This country has been chosen for the magnitude of its agricultural-oriented sector and our link with the “SOUFFLET” company, which plays a crucial role in the relation between several local businesses and our school program.
- Our students in agronomy and plant production (APV) also have to carry out a similar training period of one month in the United-Kingdom or in another English-speaking country, originally in order to take part in a cultural and linguistic experience, but also and more recently to master recognized technical skills on a broader scale. Thanks to the connections between our English teachers and different foreign partners, we have been successfully setting up a strong network of businesses and companies.
- Students in agricultural analysis in biology and biotechnology (ANABIOTEC) travel to the Federal Republic of Germany every year to participate in a study tour taking place in well-known laboratories specialized in research and development activities in the Rhineland-Palatinate state.
These training periods abroad have for goal to supplement the students' curicula, to enhance their open-mindedness, their autonomy and to increase the value of their professional integration.
In the coming years, we wish to develop two-month internship programs to expand our partnerships and contact networks. In this prospect, we partly rely on the expertise of the different intermediaries in charge of the international and geographical development in the department of agriculture. Additionally, we would like to go further in the advancement of our Erasmus+ consortium which encompasses 4 other higher education systems similar to ours.
Our projects for the 2018-2020 period are to:
- shape more specific outcomes for the training periods of our students and individuals and extend them to other partnerships,
- prolong the existing month of training period to two-month student training periods,
- send more members of our staff on training periods abroad,
- strengthen the evaluation of our students' experiences abroad by making it count among their final exams,
- develop multilateral cultural and artistic projects,
- establish any kind of linguistic support with students or scholars to boost the significance of international exchanges in order to achieve a better professional integration and the advancement of our staff's personal and professional competences. These projects can be carried out by:
1/ Reinforcing the International Cooperation projects involving our school
2/ Developing our network of professionals and higher education partners, thanks to consortia and the aforementioned exchange programs.
3/ Implementing two-month internship periods abroad at least for all our programs regardless of the subject of studies.